*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, November 08, 2004

Day 260: Running Away From The Circus

Another lazy start to the weekend. A late sleep-in and then hanging around my house before dragging my ass out the door. My apartment feels so cozy sometimes I just don't wanna leave. I hopped on the subway and took a long ride on the Orange Line all the way to Apgujeong.

Apgujeong is the glitzy-glam high-end/uber-trendy shopping area of Seoul - sorta like what Rodeo Drive is to LA. Actually, non-coincidentally enough, one of the main shopping drags in Apgu is called Rodeo Drive (yeah sometimes those Koreans lack creativity...) I was meeting up with Michael to do a little shopping and take a second swing at trying to find me a pair of jeans.

An afternoon spent in Apgu led us nowhere in tems of finding me some jeans, but a fun day nonetheless. It's always fun to browse, even if most of the clothes in this neighbourhood are several digits out of my price range. Michael and I hung out at Starbucks for a while and then did some more window-shopping. On the way back to the car we came across Caffe Artegiano - a Vancouver coffee house chain that produces amazingly high-quality lattes (almost as good as Delany's!) If we hadn't just had coffee I would've suggested going there to check it out. I knew that there was one here in Apgu but it's still weird to see a coffee house found nowhere else except Vancouver and Seoul! Flashbacks from home...

We drove back to Itaewon and met up with Ailish and Angele for dinner. I haven't seen Ailo since our trip to Hong Kong, and we were supposed to be meeting up with Angele later on anyways so we all just merged for dinner. We went and had Italian for supper and it was quite nice. After dinner Ailo headed back home while the three of us took a cab to Hondae. Tonight is Pauline's going away party and is sure to be a fun night out on the town!

We met up with Pauline & Crew at Route 66 (where I went for my birthday) and stayed there for a while enjoying their famous Long Island Iced Teas. All it takes is just two of those and you're smooth sailing on your way to a good night! After hanging at '66 for a while we went to our main destination - M2. I've been to M2 before and it's a pretty cool club - very technoy though which isn't really my scene. It was Halloween tonight but none of us had felt like dressing up. This turned out to be a good thing cause even though it was a "Halloween Bash" at M2 almost nobody was dressed up there!

The club was fun but way too crowded. After an hour (or less?) in that circus we decided to change venues. We were in a mood for some fun 80's music and just wanted to be somewhere where you could actually move and breathe without feeling like you're going to be swallowed up by the crowd at any second. We all sorta just wandered around Hondae for a while trying to find a cool place to go. We were all pretty drunk - and feeling very picky about bars and music - and this turned out be a rather non-productive combination while bar-hopping. We went to one place, but it was practically empty and was way too hard-core techno for us. Then we went to another bar but it was also almost empty (always extremes - too many or too few people) and was playing all hip hop. Fun, but not what we were looking for.

At that point it was like after 3am sometime so Michael, Angele and I decided to head home to Itaewon. Michael and I stopped off for Egg Sandwiches before going back to his place and as always the Egg Sandwich Lady never disappoints. I tell ya, there's nothing quite so satisfying as a greasy egg and cheese grilled cheese sandwich from a street vendor while drunk at like 3 in the morning! YUM! Angele went her merry way and it was bedtime for us boys. Another fun Saturday night under our belts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home