*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Day 256: Mosquito Mayhem

Okay get this...the weather is getting colder, yet there somehow seems to be *more* mosquitoes around? How the hell does this make sense? Can someone please explain this strange phenomenon to me.

Since arriving in Korea I've barely recalled encountering a mosquito at all. Spring and summer came and went and other than my camping trips out to off-shore woodsy islands, I've been mosquito-free this whole time. Seoul is far too big and green-space-free to produce mosquitoes. They're just not an issue here.

Until lately! Suddenly they're coming out of the woodwork here in my apartment and I have no idea why. At night the temperature actually gets close to the freezing point sometimes, so there's no way in hell those little flying bastards could be surviving out there. They must have built some little Survivor-esque colony somewhere in my apartment cause how else would they make it through the night?

And the other odd thing is that I only have to deal with them at night. I never ever see them in the daylight. But suddenly it's bedtime and I'm just about to doze off when I hear that horribly all-too familiar buzz in my ear. I quickly turn on the light to try and kill the little biatch but each and every time there's no mosquito in sight! I try to ignore it but then as soon as I turn the light back off again, sure enough a few minutes later I've got another bzzzzzzzzz around my freakin' head! Eventually I give up and then I wake up in the morning to see that they've feasted on my arm or face or whatever during the night.

Arrrrrgh!! It makes me so mad! What will it take to get rid of them? Leaving my apartment windows open all night to freeze them out? Die little bastards, die!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe they are not mosquitos!!! Ummmmmm you got a jeeper creeper...hehe B.

11:54 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home