*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Day 248: Motown Monkeys

So it's official...

Korean pre-school children absolutely LOVE Motown music!

I introduced my Parrots to Motown this week and it was a huge smash success, right from the start. During Activity time we always play music for the kids because they can sing along to it while they colour and cut, and it keeps them a bit more behaved as they tend to focus on the songs instead of distracting each other.

Well anyways since I started at POLY I've been playing the same goddamn CD in class, and frankly, I've had enough! I'm soooo sick of it! I can practically tell the exact order of that CD, all 26 songs, and learned all the words to the songs months ago. My kids still enjoy it but you can tell that they're getting bored of listening to the same songs day in, day out.

To rectify this situation of boredom a few of us pre-school teachers have decided to start playing our own music in class. Obviously we're going to choose our songs carefully since these kids absorb and repeat practically anything they hear. I don't need little Andy going home chanting Mystikal's "Watch yourself, shake your ass, watch yourself, show me what you're working with!" or little Brittany singing for her parents "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like it's better than yours, damn right it's better than yours, I could teach you but I'd have to charge..." Oh God can you imagine the phone calls that would come pouring in then? haha!!

Addie has some great CD's that's perfect for school and so today I stole her 'Hits of 60's Motown' to play in class. I put the CD in, pushed play, and in mere seconds my kids were all jamming along to it while working away. They were bopping their little heads and really getting into it. It was so cute!!! I've decided that Motown is going to be a permanent fixture during Activity time, at least for a while. It's way better than listening to Raffi and Sharon, Lois & Bram all day, that's for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home