*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Day 244: Look It Up In A Dictionary

"Teacher, what means 'threesome'?"

*giggle*

Oh my!

Yes, this is an honest question that I was asked today by one of my students! And no it was nothing of the sexual nature, of which I'm sure those dirty thoughts crossed your mind as quickly as it did mine when I was asked to define what 'threesome' meant! It was actually a word in one of our stories today, believe it or not, that we came across in class.

I teach Reading and we read all our short stories aloud together in class and talk about the words used in the story, as well as plot, setting, characters, etc. In this case the word 'threesome' was used to describe three farmers who were in a boat on a river. And no they weren't doing anything dirty with each other's potatoes and cucumbers, they were merely just crossing the river to get to the other side.

So it was a "threesome of farmers" travelling together in a boat that I had to explain, and I had the biggest smile while doing so. It was difficult not to laugh out loud (especially when you see how earnest their faces are on asking such question) but hey I'm a professional so there was no funny stuff. (Until later when I got back into the staff room and got to share the story with all my coworkers! Haha!) :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home