*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Day 467: Foot In Mouth Disease

Today one of the most embarrassing things ever happened to me. *Ever.*

It appears that I'm afflicted with the Foot In Mouth Disease...

No, not Mad Cow Disease, but one where you say something that you really shouldn't and then wish horribly that you could take back that tragically irreversible deed. Oh boy...

We were in the staff room inbetween breaks and suddenly Peter pointed out the new message on the white board written by the management. It said "Please go to your classes on time." Now this is a completely valid request, as in all honesty lately we've been all a few minutes late to our classes because of our ever-lengthening staff breaks. We've also been under A LOT OF STRESS in the last little while. In fact, I could say with all honestly, that I've never felt the tension so high at POLY as these days. This week alone we have report cards due, open class with the parents, and the speech contest all happening at once. It's fuckin' crazy!

Anyways, Scotty cracked for a moment under this stress and responded very badly to this little note. At the worst possible time. Seeing the note I spewed out some rancid comment about how cowardly it was for the management to hide behind these little messages scribbled on the board every time they have a complaint instead of just telling us face to face. Peter had this *look* on his face right after I said it, and I turned around to see...

...my boss standing right behind me.

OH FUCK!

My jaw musta hit the floor in pure shock, and he responded with "Before you say things like that, Scott, you should check behind you first", gave me a look, and then walked out of the staff room. OH GOD! I could've just died right there! I was absolutely speechless and my face went 1000 shades of red. The entire staff had witnessed my slip-up as well, and there was quite the reaction when the boss left. Some people laughed, some people offered condolences, and others were also quiet with shock.

I felt absolutely terrible. That comment must've sounded so completely bitchy, and it's so not in my personality to behave like that. There was certainly truth to what I said, as it pretty much echoed the staff's sentiments, but Tim never should've heard that, and not definitely not delivered in the icy attitude-laden manner that it was. I like Tim a lot, and feel just awful. I need to offer him a serious apology, but right now I just can't even bare to look at him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home