*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Day 389: No English Days

Ugh. I hate Tuesdays and Thursdays. They're my 'No English Days.'

Because of my line-up of classes, I feel like no one I interact with that day speaks English. I teach Preschool in the morning, and they don't really speak English. (and plus I have computer and gym class on these days and they've been *rough*.) Then I teach Science to the Special 1's Level 4 and 5, which really are the bottom of the barrel. They're cute and sweet kids, but we're talking LOW English-speaking abilities, as in 'Subterranean Low'. Teaching them Science has been tough so far, as I've discovered that I really gotta gear it down for them (and when I mean 'teach' I really mean I'm actually just talking to the wall it seems.) And then I teach the lowest level kids of GT 4... Great kids, but we're talking really low as well.

Man, I really was spoiled last year with all the high level classes! Tuesday/Thursdays have been kicking my ass in the last two weeks. I guess it's time I kick it into high gear and kick it up a notch - or 475 notches, perhaps. This semester is really going to best my true teaching abilities.

So, when's my next vacation? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home