*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Day 386: A Little Bit Of Culture

Luke came into the city today so I met up with him to hang out. And, as usual, with a visit from Luke I can always be sure of two things:

1) I'm gonna rack up a lot of miles on the subway
2) A visit to Yongsan Electronics Market can always be guaranteed

And today, those two rules rang true again! Haha!

We met at Dondaemun to do a little shoe shopping for him. It reminded me that I need new shoes myself, especially with all the trekking that I'm going to be doing come July... After that we went over to Yongsan and Luke bought some CD's and DVD's. By that time we had to get back on the subway again to go and meet up with Addie for dinner.

It was a long ride all the way to Jamsil Station over in SE Seoul, but it was well worth the ride. We actually had dinner at a Western restaurant that I had not eaten at yet - Chili's! And incidentally, it's also the only Chili's in Korea, and my first visit ever to one. Overall it was pretty good actually - varied menu and the pretty yummy food. Too bad it takes forever and a day to get over there!

After dinner we said goodbye to Luke and Addie and I headed on down to the Seoul Arts Centre. Tonight we had tickets to the opera! This was the first time I've done anything like this here in Korea and I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a really fantastic evening. The opera hall was beautiful, and the show - La Boheme - was spectacular. All the singers were Korean but the show was in Italian, and they pulled it off marvellously. Addie and I had a great time, and I was so happy that I got to see that show. I've gotta do stuff like this more often!

After the show we took the looooong ride on the Orange Line back to Ilsan. Thankfully we each have our iPods to keep us occupied and entertained! (And hey, tonight was also my first night *not* spent at Michael's since....I can't even remember!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty--- you should read the fine print in your contract... it clearly states that you have to stay at my house on Saturday nights... you noticed that I called you when you didn't show up... I was worried... be a good boy and don't do that again...

4:47 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home