*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Attack Of The Ailo

Ailo - everyone's favourite ginger-haired Irish travel-photographer! Here she is in action! "Sshhhh....don't disturb the master while she works!" ;-)


In late March I was blessed with the glorious visit of a good old friend of mine - Ailo! For those of you h-core dedicated readers of the blog, you'll remember Ailo as the feisty but friendly Irish vixen who befriended me waaaaay back in the days of my crap teaching job in Shihung, Korea! Ailo and I became good friends during our stay in Korea and the last time I saw her was December 2005 when I breezed through Korea on my way back to Korea. Wow, talk about a blast from the past!

Ailo lives in Ireland now and decided that a visit to Prague - and to see her ol' pal Scotty - was in due order. On a break from completing her Masters in Urban Planning, (just Reason #842 why Ailo Is Awesome,) she stayed with me for a week and we had an absolute blast. We hit up all the usual tourist sites, had many fab dinners and drinks out on the town, and had one helluva Legendary Night at Lucerna - the ultimate 80's bar if there ever was one!

If any of you love 80's music, then you'll love Lucerna. Picture a massive nightclub that plays nothin' but 80's (well, and a few select 70's and 90's hits) all night long, and not only that, but plays the VIDEO for each and every song on a giant screen above the huge dancefloor. It's non-stop 80's fromage all night long! And everyone there is only out to have a good time and dance their butts off. If you're like me and bored to tears of most of the music they play in clubs these days, you'll cry for joy when you discover Lucerna! I've only ever been twice but both nights have been truly amazing. Man, I get excited just thinking about it!

At the same time, Oscar had two friends visiting as well, so we joined forces and emerged with The Coolest Gang in town. Spanish Igor and French Pierrique were two really nice fun guys (and MAN can Pierrique ever cook up a delicious meal of French cheese puffs and Thai curry!) and all of us had such a great time hanging out all over the city. It was sad to see the boys leave after just a few days, and even more sad when My Ailo had to leave the day before!

Having guests in town is always a great way to add some life and energy to one's normal day-to-day routine. It's fun to 'Play Tourist', you get to catch up with old friends, and you see your city in a new fresh way all over again. Ailish also marks the beginning of a wave of friends coming to see me. Jo's coming from London in mid-April, Rok from Ljubljana at the end of April, Benny & Eric in late May, and my parents sometime in late May or early June! Wow, what a busy spring! For those of you others also interested in coming to stay at Scotty's Prague Bed, Breakfast & Tour Guide Services, you better make your reservation now! ;-)


I know I seem to keep putting up the same panoramic views of Prague every few months or so, but the view is so beautiful I just can't resist!

All the lovely red roofs...

The Vlatva, with its many bridges, and Prague Castle up on the hill, as seen from Vysehrad.

No free parking spaces here!


Old Town Clock Tower looms up above the labrynth that is Old Town.



Laurie & Oscar get cozy over a beer at Radost.

Marco & Johana come out to join my friends for a few drinks.

Former future-roomies Scotty & Al hanging out.

Ailo loves to take photos, but *hates* having hers taken. "GOTCHA, babe!" :-)
Christina, looking especially gorgeous here, and Yours Truly.




It's Lucerna Night! Not entirely unplanned, the four of us all decided to wear Western-style checkered shirts. Here us boys are looking hot and ready for action. Who wants to ride a cowboy? ;-)

The Instructions: "Look Sexy". The Result: I'm still trying to figure this one out...

Yes, it also seems that Scotty's blog is full of photos of himself making silly faces while drunk. (You can call me repetitive, but hey at least I'm not boring! LOL)

Our goal here was to "Look Scared." I love Christina's biting-of-her-bottom-lip action!

Scotty & Ailo cuddle up for a rare willing photo from my Irish Princess.



The Checkered Team! Let's go out and hit Lucerna, kids!

Hanging out at Oscar's after Pierrique's amazing dinner. Igor's on the left and P's on the right.

Igor, Scotty, and Pierrique pose for the camera.

2 Comments:

Blogger oscark said...

Cool days Buddy. I was bitten by Poison-Ailo and I'm still recovering myself. ;-) Amazing in many different ways as amazing was Pierrick's dinner...
lots of visits lots of fun...

10:14 a.m.

 
Blogger Matchstick Maker said...

I am NOT poison!!?? @.@ And I DO NOT appreciate the MING MONG photo of me at that lovely restarant with the veggie food! Please take it away, it's awful! How does this blog thing know my name is Ailish by the way? I'm creeped out now - Big Brother...

11:38 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home