*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, February 05, 2007

Scotty's Photography Project

I've recently started a photography project that I wanted to share with you. As one of my New Year's Resolutions I've decided to take a photograph for every single day that I live here in Prague, and publish it to a website. Yes, apparently having only one website to maintain is no longer enough, so I've decided to add a second photo-oriented one!

This website is more of a personal project for myself, but I thought that perhaps you'd enjoy the results as well. My goal is to take pictures not so much of the big and famous landmarks in the city, but rather of 'everyday life' here in Prague. Things I see on my way to work, or when out and about town, or something new when I venture down a path I've never been. There's so much to see in this beautiful city, and I think that the little details of daily life can be just as interesting and pretty.

I've been taking pictures for almost a month now, and I think my pictures are simple and varied. I'm by no means a great photographer, but this is good practice for me, and I hope to improve my skills as the months pass on. More importantly, this project has really opened my eyes even more to the beauty that surrounds me. Prague is an achingly gorgeous city, and by constantly carrying my camera, and having to look for my day's "photo assignment", I'm noticing so many more things. I feel that I'm appreciating the beauty that is Prague on a whole new level, and I'm having fun with it! By capturing these 'ordinary details' of my daily routine I feel that in time I'll be able to look back and remember all the little things that added up to what was my life here in the Czech Republic. And for all you guys who've never been here, it's a chance to see more than just the regular tourist track. (But don't worry, you'll still see photos of The Big & Famous here on my regular blog!)

I'd like to give a special shout-out to my good pals Ryan and Christine living down in Buenos Aires. It was Christine's idea to do a daily photoblog, and it was Ryan that introduced me to this great website. They're two of the coolest people on the planet, and they leave me feeling inspired and humbled. Their photography skills far surpass mine!

So here it is. Check it out, and remember to check often as I'll be updating it every week with new daily photos. And please feel free to leave comments if you see anything in particular you like!

http://s2hworldtour.aminus3.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Great idea Scotty! Thanks for sharing this site with us. I had planned on doing this last year and I never stuck to it. BAD CINDY! I don't know why I didn't stick to it. I carry a camera with me everywhere anyway. DUH!

7:20 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home