*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Friday, January 19, 2007

Great News!

Guess who *FINALLY* has a flat!!!

SCOTTY!!!!

YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the world’s longest search ever for a flat, I’ve finally found a place to live! But man did I ever have to work my ass off to get one…

When I came back from holidays, I decided to, once again, revamp my Plan of Attack for finding accommodation. Realizing that I really couldn’t afford to live by myself after all, I decided to pursue a new option – flat sharing. By changing my search to looking just for a room within an already-occupied flat, I opened up my options big time. And with most of these postings to be found on expats.cz – Prague’s English website for foreigners – I could actually do this search all on my own and not have to burden Ivana with it anymore.

But, despite the plethora of flats to be found on the website, it again turned out to be much harder than I originally thought it would be. I must’ve looked at at least half a dozen flats within a week and a half, and most of them just weren’t places I’d actually want to live in. Either too dirty, too sparsely furnished, too far from work, or occupied with weirdos, the pickings were pretty slim.

And then I finally found a great place, to be shared with three international students, but I was person #5 of a good 12-15 people they were interviewing for the room. God, such competition! Looks like everybody and their dog is looking for a place… So not only do I have to find a flat that I like, I then have to be chosen, like in some reality-show competition, in order to move in. Frig! Needless to say I didn’t get chosen for this flat, and I was totally bummed out.

But then a new posting came up a week later, and I knew that this was the one! I was the first in line to be ‘interviewed’, immediately clicked with the guy living there who was in search of finding someone new, and found out the next morning that the place was mine! And let me tell you how awesome it is…

It’s a HUGE ROOM in a 3-bedroom flat shared with two cool guys – 22yo Marco from Spain, and 27yo David from Wales (we’ll be quite the international house!) I’m buying the furniture in the bedroom for dirt cheap, and so I’ll be getting a huge bed, a COUCH, a desk and chair, a shelf, and a wardrobe for my clothes. And the room has wifi!

And the location can’t be beat – it’s right in central Prague, near Karlovo Namesti. I’ve got a tram stop right out front of the building (including 4 night trams) and am only a block away from the metro! SWEET! So it’s all of this, and somehow, it’s the cheapest place that I’ve viewed! Talk about a major score!!

I can’t emphasize enough how big the room is…I could easily conduct yoga classes in my room! (This means that I’ll have PLENTY of space to host out-of-town guests…Hello Lydia & Danielle in May!) So, with my new fab flat, consider this blog posting to be *your* personal invitation to come and stay with me in Prague, absolutely anytime you like!

I can’t tell you what a huge relief it is to have this taken care of. I’ve been couch-surfing it at Carolyn’s for three and a half months now, and as much as I truly appreciate her gracious hospitality, it’s soooo time to have my own place. Just imagine…a real proper bed! Not living out of a suitcase! Four walls and a door to make a space that’s just for me! Wow, what luxuries! Hehe… As you can tell, I’m pretty damn stoked about it! Moving day is Feb. 1st, so the countdown is on. I’ll post pictures as soon as I move in.

A new chapter begins in Scotty’s Prague Saga…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home