*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Day 473: The Replacements

The winds of change are a blowin'...and on the horizon are a whole lot of 'em for POLY.

In the next 2 months literally half the staff will change over. Between now and the end of August, Chris, Megan, Tim, myself, Anthony, Dana, and Katie will be heading on to greener pastures. Luckily for the staff who are staying behind, they've already got our replacements all lined up. Including mine. Knowing you'll take your place so far in advance feels kinda weird for some reason.

The person who'll be filling my shoes after I leave (good luck! I wear size 12!) is actually a *female* from Canada. A female who's in her 50's! Apparently she's the mom of a girl who used to work for POLY, and she's a retired vice-principal. And her name's Barbara. Yes, that's right. As of July the Parrots will have Barbara Teacher *and* Barbie Teacher! Oh boy! That's gonna confuse the kids!

So my replacement is an older woman who's a very experienced teacher. In other words, she's the exact opposite of me! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home