*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, April 11, 2005

Day 407: The Best Days Of My Life

So it's that time of year again - workshop time! POLY's bi-annual mass production of window-dressing. The time when all of us teachers gather together from all the different campuses on mass for a whole day of...well...not a whole lot actually. There's always presentations and group discussions, but most of the time they're not all that useful. Half the time you're stuck in a workshop for a subject/class that you don't even teach, and that's not exactly a productive use of a precious Saturday. Ahhh well. Whatever. We're all bound to do two a year so really it's not that bad.

And actuall this season's was okay. Both of the presentations I went to had speakers who were friends of mine, so that was kinda cool. And there was more 'let's share ideas and common challenges' as opposed to 'these are things that annoy me, and here's the way you need to do it blah blah blah' like last fall's was. And also this year it was Ilsan that hosted it so we didn't have to go for some god-awfully long bus ride this time either. I was home back in my apartment at around 5:30pm.

Tonight I was planning an absolutely massive get-together of just about all my friends and I was really, really looking forward to it. Meghann and I wanted to do a massive night out at The Bar where we get all our work buddies and our non-POLY comrades together for a big ol' fashioned night of rippin' it up! It turned out to be an awesome night!!! The guest list was massive! We totally took over that place! That night it wasn't The Bar, it was My Bar. Meghann couldn't come cause she wasn't feelin' up to it, and Michael was busy traipsing around Beijing, but just about everyone else was there. Check out the cast of characters! Me, Addie, Nick, Angele, Darryl, Paul, Lorraine, Jake, Shannon, other Paul, Dana, Julie, Katie, Jessica, there two friends whose names I forget, Young-Seok, Eric, Pauline, Tim, Laz, and their friend Kevin... Seriously, everywhere I looked all I saw was another gaggle of friends.

Everyone ended up having a total blast, including Addie and Katie who *never* come out to party. We stayed out late and danced/drank the night away. There was one particularly memorable moment - albeit awfully cheesy I have to warn you - where we were on the dancefloor and Bryan Adams' 'Summer of 69' came on. We all broke out screaming and singing along, and in my alcohol-fuelled bar bliss I looked around at all my friends, all come together for one super night, and I realized that that yes, it's true, just as the song declares, these really, truly *are* the best days of my life. I know that sounds like major fromage, but I really do mean it, and it did feel pretty exhilirating.

I went home with Pauline that night (*wink wink*) - just kidding!- and fell asleep with cheesy over-played but much-adored 80's pop rock anthems on permanent rotation in my head. Man, I love my life! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home