*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, June 20, 2005

Day 479: Cherry Tomatoes

I had the worst sleep ever last night. I absolutely froze all night long! I love camping, and normally have no problem sleeping outdoors, but last night I honestly didn't sleep until the sun came up and things started to get warm. I WAS SO COLD! I just sat there huddled in a ball shivering while Michael in his bag next to me slept like a baby. Lucky bastard! I only managed to get a few hours of sleep in the early morning until it became too hot to stay in that tent.

Luckily today was a day that did not require a lot of energy! It was HOT HOT HOT today and we spent literally the entire day lounging in the sand. I read for several hours on my towel, and spent a little time walking along the sand and chatting with the gang. I considered going for a swim, but the water this time of year is still too cold for my liking (Mike, Katie, Pauline, and Tim braved it though!)

I should've lathered myself up with more sunscreen, cause by mid-afternoon I was looking like a baked ham. Any part of me that had been exposed and unsunscreened had turned a bright glowing red. Especially my feet! I have no idea why, but my feet got burned to a crisp despite being mostly in the sand all day long. Seriously, my poor toes looked like ten little cherry tomatoes! Oh boy, that's gonna hurt later on...

Another dinner in town, and then another - but even bigger! - bonfire at night! The fire was huge and we sat next to it for hours, drinking beer, telling stories, and staring up in awe at the canopy of bright stars above our heads. It was so beautiful! Not wanting to spend another night as an ice cube, I went back with Nick and Angele to stay at the minbak they had rented for the weekend. It was nice to sleep indoors, and I didn't freeze my ass off this night. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home