*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Day 181: Time Flies...

...When You're Having Fun!

I have two new co-workers at POLY - Anthony from Halifax who started last week, and Adrienne from Kalamazoo, Michigan who just started this week. Both of them have to do the Osaka Visa Run tomorrow, and since I just did that run myself just over a month ago I decided to take them out for dinner to give them the low-down on their day in Japan. We went to Torros which is a really nice, classy restaurant at LaFesta that specializes in spaghetti that's to die for. We had a really nice meal and I gave them my full spiel on what to expect in their sure-to-be-hectic-but-fun day in Japan's second largest city. I'm the kind of guy who loves to give advice and share experiences, and I was more than happy to tell them all about my day there and what to expect.

I'm still sorta newish at POLY, having only been there six weeks, but I've already jumped up three spots in seniority since I started, with all the new hirees. A lot of the new staff have been coming to me for advice and info on POLY stuff and it's made me feel pretty cool and important. I'm really quite comfortable at POLY and can't believe how fast the time has flown by. It didn't take long for me to find my groove at the school and I seem to have a really good repore with my students. I really like my job a lot, and, especially after all that shit I went through with my old job, feel very lucky to be a part of the POLY team.

On top of that, this weekend celebrates my *six month anniversary* here in Korea. WOW! I can't believe that half a year has gone by already!!! If I was still in my old contract I'd be half-way finished my time in Korea already. I'm having such a good time here that I honestly don't mind that I'll be in Korea 17 months altogether by the time I finish up at POLY. SO MUCH has happened in six months that I feel like its enough to fill up six years. I feel like Life In Korea is like SuperLiving or something like that. You get to experience so many amazing and wondrous things, so many sights and emotions and discoveries and explorations that I just never would've been exposed to back home, all in such a short, compressed amount of time. Instead of Speed Dating, this is like Speed Life. You really do get to have your cake *and* eat it too here. It's a unique lifestyle to say the least, and I feel blessed to be a part of the whirlwind that is the Life Of An English Teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home