*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Day 180: Mr. Popular

Want a guaranteed way to become Mr. Popular amongst all of your co-workers? Looking to become everybody's new best friend? Hoping to secure a position amongst all the Cool Kids on the playground? Here's a sure-fire way!

Give them chocolate...imported chocolate from North America that just can't be found here in Korea! Guaranteed results!!!

Thanks to my way-cool Aunt and Uncle in California, I became Mr. Popular at work today thanks to a little chocolate bribe. For my birthday John and Dianna (aka: J-Mc and ) sent me a really awesome birthday care package that arrived today at work. I opened it up amongst all my jealous co-workers and discovered a bounty of treats - a bounty that once carefully dispersed would become the gift that keeps on giving.

Inside the box was not only a really nice blue Old Navy hoodie sweatshirt (I love hoodies!!) but quite the sample of candies - Reese's Mini Peanut Butter cups, some Hershey caramel chocolates, Bertie Bots (the jellybeans from Harry Potter!) and some EasyMac! YUM!!!

Normally I'm the kind of guy who likes to hoard and savour his candy, stretching it out over weeks (or even longer!) so that I can maximize its sweet yummy goodness, but I saw an opportunity here that I couldn't pass up. I opened up the Peanut Butter cups and gave one to all of my co-workers. WOW! You should've seen the cries of joy and ecstacy that rang out in that staff room!!! Peanut butter cups just can't be found here in Korea and *everybody* loves 'em, so they were a HUGE HIT amongst all my POLY buddies!

That one small sacrifice of chocolate resulted in me rocketing to the top of fame and fortune here at POLY. I'm now THE MAN at POLY and have all of my co-workers at my beck and all! Right on! Bring on the power! And the best part is that I still haven't opened the second bag of chocolates - the Hershey Treasures - which I know will be irrestistable to those weguk (foreigner) co-workers of mine! They're all gonna be putty in my hands!!! MUHAHAHAHA! (evil laugh!) And I owe it all to John & Dianna!! THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Actually I'm really just being silly with all of this. I was just super happy to get some treats from the home continent and wanted to share in the goodness. What can I say? I'm just a really, unbelievably, exceptionally, breathtakingly, unabashedly, shamelessly nice guy. Yep, lil me. Nice. And modest too. Oh so nice. Don't you just love how nice I am? Nice nice nice. Who wants more nice? I do! I do! Forget milk! Got Nice? Yep, a whole lotta nice I gots!

hahaha.... ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're still on a sugar high there brother!

8:30 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude sugar much...how many times can you say nice. hehe.
B.

11:47 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home