*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Day 160: Field Trip

I had a really easy morning today!  I only had one class to teach because this morning all the pre-schoolers got to go on a field trip!  There's five classes of pre-schoolers at POLY and we were all going on a tour of a fire station in nearby Hwajeong!  COOL!  Field trips were always the best when you were in school, and now that I'm a teacher, I have to say that they haven't lost their lustre!  There's something just really exciting about being able to go somewhere together as a class, and maybe it's just the fact that you're missing regular classes!  haha!

Each class has their own giant van to drive them around and so me and all my Parrots (each of the pre-school classes are named after a bird!) climbed on into the van and drove to Hwajeong.  We watched Lilo & Stitch along the way and same more kids songs.  Good times!  When we got to the fire station the kids' level of hyperness reached into the stratosphere and it was quite the effort for all us teachers to keep them together!
We all sat down in this one room and watched one of the firefighters show the kids all the different equipment they use.  The demonstration was all in Korean so I didn't understand a word they said, but it was cute just to see all their eyes light up at seeing all the cool firefighting gear. 

We then watched this fire safety video that was absolutely hysterical, but I don't think it was meant to be funny!  It had this Korean anime fairy character flittering around an apartment building watching as the silly Koreans in the video set their house on fire cause they were stupid enough to leave the iron on and then leave the room!  This giant scary evil fire monster then jumped out and burned everything (again, all anime) but it made all the kids scared and they jumped every time they saw the fire monster!  There was another scene in the video where some kids playing with dynamite (what the fuck?  where'd they get that from?) accidentally burn down a whole apartment block!  Too funny!

My afternoon turned out to be a fairly non-teaching day as well.  We're starting level tests today and it's a pretty important exam for all the kids to take so for most of the day I was just supervising my classes as they wrote the test.  What an easy-breezy day for me!!  (and I've got all my report cards done, finally!!)  Summer break is almost here - I can taste it already!  :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home