*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Day 154: Screaming At The TV

Thank God it's Friday!!!  It's been a good week at work, but I'm still getting adjusted to the very long hours.  On M-W-F I work from 9am-7:30pm and on T-Th I work from 9am-6:40pm.  Whew that's a lot of hours!  However, the job is fun and the school is good and the pay is great so I'm not complaining at all.  It just takes a little while to get used to working such long days....

On top of that, I've been so bogged down with report cards lately!  Once a month we have to write report cards for all of our students and it's quite a lot of work.  Altogether I have about 100 students that I'm responsible for and let me tell ya that's a lot of fuckin' report cards to write up!  It's kinda funny, I actually feel like a *real* teacher now with this new job.  Proper curriculam and organized teaching and report cards and everything!  Wow!  And the fact that I don't even have a teaching degree kinda makes me laugh, I'm just a 'teacher-come-lately' here in Korea.  It's pretty cool though - I really do enjoy the profession.

Tonight after work was The Viewing Party - Take 2! and I had my fingers crossed that Steve and I were going to be on air!  Most of my friends who came out for the party last week unfortunately couldn't make it out this week so it was a much smaller get-together.  Plus Rick & Tracey had moved back to Canada so there goes my orginal venue!  Kelsey has the channel so I went and watched the show with her, Peter, and Rochel (all Poly teachers!) and it was a blast!

When the show came on and we saw Steve and I walk out onto stage we all just *SCREAMED* out in excitement at the TV!  haha!!  It was so funny and so weird and so surreal to see myself on television!  Of course everyone always hates how they look and sound on camera so I was totally self-conscious but all my buds said I looked good and was well-composed.  Again, none of them knew if we were going to win or lose so it was exciting to watch it all play out.  We all erupted in cheers again when we won the show and then I had to explain to them that this would be the one and only time I'd be on the show because of the situation with Steve.  (and it's too bad that Stevie never got the chance to see himself on TV either.)  Everyone was super-impressed that we had won and so now I've got a rep as a pretty darn smart boy with game show winning credentials behind my name now!  hehe!

(Let's hope it all doesn't go to my already big fat head!)  ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TO YOUR HEAD!!!
Come on Scott. Everything you do goes to your head. I can remember many time playing Trivial Presuit with you. YOu have to win, there is no doubbt about that, losing is not an option. And when someone does get into that area where they might win you get all flustered. Now I know I am just in Thunder Bay and you have played many people in your time and many games have been played but really we all know what your like when you want to play a game, sometimes guide lines have to be drawn for you just so that youcan't get out of hand.
But that is all for now.
Kartman/Jason

5:34 p.m.

 
Blogger Cindy said...

Scotty,

I watched the show on that link you sent me last week. I found myself yelling at you when you didn't get answers to questions. Like sorry how could you NOT know the LaBamba question when you knew like ALL that other obscure stuff!? Actually I felt kinda stupid yelling at my computer screen. There were a couple of other questions that I was frustrated at you for not getting while I was watching but I can't remember which they were now.

But that friends round was awesome! You rock at that stuff!

3:21 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home