*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Day 151: Seeping In

Okay, you know you're a pre-school teacher when you find yourself singing kids songs when you're at home, on the bus, walking down the street, shopping....  And I can't help it!  I catch myself donig it *all the time!*  I just can't get the songs out of my head!  haha...

We listen to many kids songs during class time on a very regular basis.  I put the music on for the kids during activity time (the singing along while they work  helps to keep them behaving and focused on their schoolwork, I've found) and so I'm exposed to it on a regular basis.  On top of that, every Friday during fourth block all the pre-school kids gather together in the school library and we all sing songs together.  The teachers get up on stage and lead the kids in the sing/dance-along and I have to admit it's actually kinda fun.

Well now this exposure to all of this kid music has been overflowing into my 'non-work life!'  The music has totally seeped in and taken over my brain!  Like for example, this morning I was in the shower and wasn't just signing, but *totally rocking out* to 'Skip To My Lou'! 

"cat's in the cream again, what'll I do?  Skip to my lou my darling..."

"fly's in the buttermilk, shoo fly shoo!  Skip to my lou my darling..."

Oh dear!  ;-)

And the other day I was in the grocery store in the produce section browsing through the fruit stands.  I came across where the apples were and suddenly, blaring through my head, and then softly out of my mouth, (without realizing it at first) came the Apples & Bananas song.  You know the one, it's the song where you change the vowel sounds...

"I like to ate, ate, ate apples and bananas...

I like to eat, eat, eat eeples and benenes...

I like to ite, ite, ite ipples and bininis...

I like to ote, ote, ote opples and bononos...

I like to ute, ute, ute upples and bununus...!"

I CAN'T STOP!!  SOMEBODY HELP ME!! 

It's funny anyways.  Like I said, you know you work with children when....hahaha.  Maybe I should start up a local 'Kids Songs Addicts Annonymous' support group?  I could easily recruit all of my co-workers to join.  We could have weekly therapy sessions!  ...  LOL!

;-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round.....

SBE

8:04 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay all of you former SWC students will appreciate this one.

I am a teacher, but the only reason I know the apples and bananas song was because of a week when Scotty and I were in like grade 9 or 10. I guess the student council was trying to raise money for UNICEF or something (I think it was around Hallowe'en, so that makes sense) and their ploy was to play Barney songs during all transition times until they reached their monetary goal. The idea was that we'd donate to get poor Barney *off* the air.

Anyway, I can totally sympathize with Scott, not only because of the teacher thing, but the apples and bananas song... we all suffered through that, and it's the only reason that I know the lyrics to *all* of the damn Barney songs. Little kid songs are addictive. Yeah, I have the mp3 song of the counting song from Sesame Street.

HEY! Don't make that face, you know the one. 1 2 3 4 5, 6 7 8 9 10, 11 12 dodododododo...

Okay, so now that every faithful blog reader knows my freaky quirks, that wasn't the point. The point was that, well, it's fun, OKAY?!?!?! Keep rockin' out Scotty. When you come back to Canada, we'll form an apples and bananas teacher support group. It'll be fine.

:) Leese :)

9:41 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I have the mp3 of the Pokemon theme song on my computer. I know so many songs, as I have to listen with the kids, go through the words with them, then we have song time each and every class, so it's practice practice practice. I very often find myself singing the songs, and have even had the kids telling me to be quiet if I start quietly singing them during a quiz or something. hahahaha

Pokemon - gotta catch 'em all!

6:23 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home