*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, July 12, 2004

Day 142: Jump!

All I can say is, to everyone who's joined the dialogue and posted comments regarding the recent political discussion, you guys rock!!! I love all the wonderful dialogue and debates and heated (ranging in temperatures from luke warm to searing to Fahrenheit 911) comments! Who knew that just one blog entry of mine could provoke so much response! It's great! An especially big thank you to my pal Scott Erdman (yes, he has the same name as me, but that's another story) in Chicago who was brave enough to take the first plunge. My blog has never been this exciting and I owe it all to you! ;-)

Moving on, (and I need to cause I'm like a full week behind on my blog!!!) today was a pretty lazy day...for the first half anyways. This is probably cause I didn't even wake up until noon today!!! Last night, to celebrate Meighan's last weekend in town, a big gang of us went out clubbing in Hondai (sp?) which is a night club district in Sinchon area in Seoul. Hondai is legendary for all of its clubs and nightlife and nocturnal antics and I was anxious to check it out for the first time ever.

It was a total blast!

Despite the fact that monsoon season is in full effect here in Korea and it was P-O-U-R-I-N-G all night long, the area was still hoppin' with club-goers. We went to a place called HodgePodge which was like 2 clubs in one - techno and house on the bottom floor and Top40 on the top floor. We spent time on both floors but I had the most fun upstairs. We danced the night away and had a really amazing time! We got home around 4am or so and I was completely exhausted! (and drunk, I don't even remember the cab ride home!)

Half the day was already gone today when I woke up, and it was a completely unproductive afternoon. All my goals for the day of doing some house-cleaning, massive blog-writing, and phone call-making totally went down the toilet! Evening came round and I had done absolutely nothin' all day! Ugh...

I met up with Amy, Steve, and Kelsey later on and we headed into Seoul to watch a really cool performance. It was called 'Jump!' and it was a non-verbal martial arts show and it was amazing!!! It turned out to be a comedy show which I had not predicted at all, and was absolutley hilarious! All the actors performed completely silly skits while continually impressing us with their martial arts/gymnastics skills that were infused with the comedy. We all loved the show and I'd even go back to see it again!

I had a later dinner after that and then tried to go to bed somewhat early. I have to wake up tomorrow at 6:30am to head to Japan and I *KNOW* it's gonna be a busy day! I can't wait for it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home