*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Day 223: Switching Gears

So fall has officially arrived in Korea, and it made a sudden and noticeable arrival this week. It didn't sneak in through the backdoor or quietly crouch up behind you. It was like summer, summer, summer...FALL! Fall in Korea always arrives the last week of September and is marked by a sudden and significant drop in temperature. And this year it arrived right on time. Last week I was still sweating buckets walking to work and sleeping at night nearly naked with all the windows open (nearby voyeurs and telescope-possessors, eat your heart out!) This week there's been a TEN DEGREE drop in temperature and I actually broke out the long sleeves for the first this season. It was like Mother Nature switched gears all of a sudden. Fall is here! And I love this season, so I'm all smiles.

So tonight I decided to go and do a little shopping. I had to pick up a bunch of stuff at LaFesta for my trip to Hong Kong, and thought I needed a little treat. That 100,000 Won gift certificate that I got from Dennis' Mom, even though I've only had it for three days, has been burning a hole in my pocket. And I know exactly what I want to spend it on...

About a week ago my Gucci graduation watch finally hit the bucket. The wrist band's completely worn (but it's been like that for over a year) but then all of a sudden the watch just decided to give in and give up. The face plate glass cover thingy fell off, and then the watch hands got lazy...now it doesn't work at all. So what Scotty needs is a new watch. Time to go shopping!

So after work Addie and I made a b-line to Lotte Department Store and I scoured for the watch department. And there I found it - my dream watch. The watch that I've been dreaming and fantasizing over for years. Well maybe not the *specific* watch, but one just like it. I've always wanted to own a Kenneth Cole watch, but never allowed myself to have one. They're far too expensive, and I always had a beautiful watch anyways. Well now I got the cash and I ain't go no watch no more, so here's the perfect excuse! I picked out this absolutely gorgeous black leather-band, silver square Kenneth Cole watch was so beautiful my eyes welled up with tears just looking at it. And I took it home with me. I still had to fork out 60,000 Won for that puppy but it's so worth it. It's the epitome of fashion and design, of post-modernist glitz and glam, of style and success, of consumerism and excess, of luxury and confidence, the perfect date on my wrist - and it's all mine! Yeah, baby! ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Fall arrived here much the same way Scotty. The temperature just suddenly dropped. Snow isn't far behind!

2:37 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home