*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Day 119: Running Around...

...like a chicken with my head cut off!

That was the best way to describe what my day was like today!

I had a million and one things to do today and they all had to be done RIGHT AWAY. Having been gone for so long from my home, I had a lot of stuff to take care of regarding job searching. I had resumes to mail off, jobs to apply for, phone calls to recruiters and schools to make, plus drop in at my old school to pick up some documents. Because I'm going to have to get a new work visa when this new job comes along, I'll need all my original paperwork so I can jump through all those hoops one more time. I went down to REI and was shocked to find that Steven had actually been able to find all my papers for me - WOW! He's normally so unorganized I was terrified that he had lost them. Thank God I have them now, safe and sound, in my own possession.

When I got home from the school, I also had two loads of laundry to do, dishes to wash, and I had to unpack all my luggage from Jeju/staying out in Ilsan. Whew! No rest for the wicked! After all that, I had to re-pack a bunch of luggage to prepare for my weekend away. Yes, another weekend away! God when am I ever going to see my own bed? haha!! Michael had invited me to go white water rafting this weekend and so I was going to crash at his place tonight so we could have an early departure time tomorrow morning. Sounds like great fun!

During dinner tonight I got a strange phone call... It was from the school in Cheongju that Steven had originally wanted me to take that I turned down. Well the call was two of the foreign teachers who work there phoning me to talk about how great the school and city is and why I should move there. After that the director of the school got on the phone and practically pleaded me to come take the job! Apparently they're going to one teacher short in just a week and are starting to panic as their last teacher backed out at the last minute. It was kinda weird to get the cold call without any warning (I didn't even know they had my home number!) but I have to say that they were all super nice. They actually all seemed like cool people and yeah it would be a good school to work at, but still way too far out for me.

I caught a subway into town to meet up with Michael for the night, and ended up joining him and Eric at Gecko's Garden for some drinks. They were already through a bottle of red wine by the time I got there, but we ordered a big ass pitcher of sangria and enjoyed the night sitting out on the outdoor patio. I ran into Meighan at Gecko's while there which was pretty cool - small world! It was nice to sit and unwind with my friends after a busy day. It's gonna be a really great weekend and I'm really looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home