*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Day 67: Box From Heaven

So I got the best mail delivery EVER today!!!

A CARE PACKAGE FROM HOME!!!

Courtesy of the wonderful and amazing Ginny & Ron Strey! You guys are my heroes and totally made my week!!! You have no idea how excited getting this in the mail made me feel! haha! The timing was absolutely perfect! I had just finished talking to my Mom and Dad on the phone back in Thunder Bay about how surprised we all were that the care package hadn't arrived yet. (Ginny & Ron had told me they had mailed it in March so I knew it was coming - talk about 6 weeks of anticipation!) No more than 10 minutes or so after I had gotten off the phone with them there was a knock at my door. Sure enough I opened it to see Mr. Mail Man there with a big box with my name on it!!

I ripped it open like a savage beast immediately and started to drool when I saw the contents - it was all my favourite foods that I have been missing! My uber-awesome care package included:

-4 boxes of Kraft Dinner
-NutriGrain bars
-Swiss Cheese Crackers
-RitzBitz Sandwiches with cheese
-3 packages of Lipton Sidekicks instant noodles
-a package of Lipton Sidekicks scalloped potatoes
-a package of Mexican rice seasoning mix
-a package of Ranch Salad dressing mix
-2 OhHenry! Easter eggs
-AND 2 PACKAGES OF CADBURY MINI EGGS!!!!

MY GOD!!! WHAT MORE COULD A MAN ASK FOR!!! :-)

This wave of ecstacy that has washed over me must feel exactly what it's like for the participants on Survivor when they win a food challenge! You *crave* certain foods like you can't imagine as soon as you're removed from them, and the fact that you just can't get them is enough to fuel food dreams at night of eating all your favourites. I've never been so excited to eat! All afternoon at work I couldn't wait to get home and have dinner. When I finally got home I made myself some Kraft Dinner and it was the best fucking Kraft Dinner that I've ever had! Dear God I never knew something could taste so good!

And it's just beginning...I have enough treats here to last me a while, and I'm going to savour and seduce oh-so-slowly and thoroughly every last morsel that came in that Box From Heaven. Yay!!! God, to think of all those *thousands of kilometres* that those little food boxes and packages travelled just to get to me! A huge car-ride across North America and then a long, LONG boat ride across the giant Pacific... Wow! (Those boxes of KD travelled further than what most people venture in their lifetimes!)

Thank you again Ginny & Ron! You guys totally made my week and you're my new favourite AllStars! One day when I'm rich and famous you guys can be sure that you will not be forgotten! ;-)

HOORAY FOR CARE PACKAGES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home